Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 8: Transportation and Bazaar

Note to self: THIS is the bus you take to the hostel.
Well, two steps forward and one step back! I was really looking forward to Jah Jaah's class today (and it WAS a good class- I had one kid serenade me with One Direction), but afterwards, I got stuck on the wrong shuttle and took a 45 minutes loop about campus that I didn't intend to. Sweaty and frustrated, I returned to the USAC office to get directions, only to run into my friends from Jah Jaah's class, who helped me find the way back to my hostel! I hate not knowing where I'm going even in Columbia, but being stuck on that shuttle with basically no idea as to where I was headed made me feel so utterly lost. Lost in translation and lost within the downtown of CMU, I felt completely helpless! I'm so grateful that I've gotten to work with students at CMU- they're so incredibly sweet and fun to work with!

Switching gears, after getting the chance to cool down (literally and figuratively), I spent the evening at The Night Bazaar with some of the girls and from USAC/ICCE and Bitoey. It was interesting having Bitoey come with us, as it was her first time to the Night Market as well. It was nice to know that it was just as overwhelming for her as it was for us!

The Night Market:



on the way to the bazaar
on the way to the bazaar





Waffles are surprisingly popular here... with some interesting variants!


No comments:

Post a Comment