Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 23: more of the same

A bunch of us went out to lunch as a final chance to get lunch with Summer and Nate- we went to this out of the way place that had American and Thai food, but of course, we all got Thai food. 
num plao
green chicken curry
green chicken curry and rice and Annette's spicy pork salad in the background

After lunch, we all split up, and I decided I wanted to visit Wat Chiang Mun, which is the oldest temple in Chiang Mai (and a lot of Northern Thailand). Everyone else was templed out, so I went with my friend Beebe. Wat Chiang Mun was really cool because of its age, but also because it was like a complex with three different  temples and a building for monks to stay in. It was really cool seeing the difference between these temples and the 'newer' ones that I've had a chance to see in other parts of my visit.

First wat:













Second wat:












Place where monks were staying:







Third temple:



Beebe riding on the back of the Sung Tao on our way back

After the Wat, I went and hung out with Tukkatoon, Nut, and Jed and went to and English-speaking class for a bit. On our way back from that, we came across a restaurant called "Chiang Mai Beach" which was apt because the floor was sand! Ben, Hong, Rylan, Jessica, Meagan, and I enjoyed 'playing on the beach' for a little bit.



And then we came across a rotee stand...


And when we got back to Uniserv, there were cuddles.


-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment